It’s been said that you create a first impression in the first 30 seconds of greeting someone.
At MarketSmart, we believe the same is true for websites. Just as you would critique a potential employee in an interview process, a visitor does the same when visiting your site. You have about 30 seconds to capture their interest.
Here are five tips to make the right impression on your company website:
1. Be clear about what you do and how you do it differently. If a visitor doesn’t understand what you do and the value of choosing your company, how can they know if they need your service? Featured service “buttons,” usually photos, with brief descriptions, is a common way to highlight what your company offers.
2. Intuitive navigation. Make navigating your site simple so visitors will know how to find the information they’re looking for.
3. High quality images. Use large, high-quality photos of your latest equipment. Some visitors may not know the difference between a rotator and a rollback. This is a good way to show them.
4. Keep it brief. Introduce your company with a welcome statement. It’s a great way to present a brief description of what your company offers. Place the company history on its own page.
5. Contact info. Be certain your phone number, email and mailing address are clearly visible. The visitor could move on because they can’t find a way to contact you.